Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Welcome to the World, Miss Riley!!!

I am a great aunt for the second time.  My niece Kristyn and her beau Ty are now the proud parents of little Miss Riley.  Good - now I can channel all my baby urges her way!!!  Not that I have a lot, but every now and then the idea of those sweet little toes and precious little baby sighs give me a yearning...  Yeah, don't judge - you know you get it, too, sometimes!!!  Kristyn had a textbook labor and delivery, which she totally deserved after the angst-ridden last few weeks she had.  Kristyn is tiny and carried very small (I am not kidding, y'all - I looked that pregnant at about 16 weeks with Tara!!!), and anyway, towards the end, there were some concerns that maybe Riley was not growing enough, so, they decided to induce her at just over 37 weeks.  But it was perfect!!!  She went in Tuesday morning, got hooked up to the pictocin, progressed steadily and had Riley after about 30 minutes of pushing!!!  A total trooper!  Riley came in at a perfectly respectable 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 and a half inches long!!!  I am over the moon (oh, and Kristyn and Ty are pretty proud, too!!!) 

Anyway, without further adieu:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails