Friday, February 19, 2010

Yeah, what she said!!!

So, if you haven't heard about all The Family Guy / Sarah Palin bru-ha-ha, I guess you have been hiding under a rock for the past week.

So, in a nutshell Chris goes on a date with this girl with Down syndrome and at some point during thier conversations, she says she is the daughter of the former governor of Alaska. 

Somehow, Sarah Palin made this about her son, Trig, who has Down syndrome.  I can't really figure that out...yes, there was a reference to Sarah herself (maybe - really it could be some fictional governor of Alaska...ahhhh, but I digress...), but no one said anything about her son.  And guess, what, Sarah?  When you are a public figure - which you seemed determined to make yourself (as much as I might wish othewise) - people are allowed to talk about you...  Look it up...

I came across this great article today about Andrea Fay Friedman, the actress who provided the voice of the character on The Family Guy.    She has such a great take on the whole situation and in an email to the New York Times, explains to Sarah Palin the use of sarcasm. 

I loved it so much that I sent the link on over to a great blogger named Ellen whose blog To The Max is one that I follow regularly.  Her son has cerebral palsy and I love her take on life and her kids.   Her son, Max is especially inspiring to me since I "inherited by marriage" a nephew with cerebral palsy when my brother remarried last year.

Come to find out, Ellen had seen the article (which didn't surprise me), and had actually written a response to the whole issue for Huffington Post.  After I read it, I wanted to cheer!  Take that, Palin!!!  Ellen is right - you should be grateful! 

The whole thing just goes to show what I already knew.  Sarah Palin will take any opportunity to put herself in front of the media.  This was something that actually showed a kid with a Down syndrome doing normal things - including being a brat!  People are people.  And you know what?  Sometimes it really is not all about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails