Friday, December 25, 2009

You can't make this stuff up...

Actual conversations on Christmas Eve:

Prince Charming - I think we should turn off the lights outside and turn them back on in the morning.

Me:  Okay.

Minutes later as we are getting into bed...

Prince Charming - I thought you were going to turn off the outside lights?!?

Me - I just said okay!  I didn't know that "we" mean't "me"!!!

('Course, I am about as bad I guess - I thought "we" meant "he"...
_______________________

At my in-laws for our annual Christmas Eve supper and gift exchange.  We gave Dan's brother a CD of Eric Clapton's greatest hits.  Our 18-year-old nephew grabs the CD to check it out.

Nephew - Whatcha got?  Who's this?  Who's Eric CLAMPTON?!?

Cue the explosive laughter from the older adults in the room.  Next up - the confused and slightly embarrassed look on Nephew's face...
_________________________

And one from this morning...

Tara - looking at the new bicycle from Santa (which has a ride-along seat for her baby) - Mama, I don't fit the seat!!! 

Me - Baby, that is the seat for your baby.

Tara - wailing - But I wanted a bicycle for ME!!!! 
__________________________

You can't make this stuff up, people!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails