Saturday, October 3, 2009

Twice as nice...

All the hype over the last few weeks about the flu and the swine flu...errrr, I mean, the seasonal flu and the H1N1 flu has everyone around here a little....ummmmm...freaked out.  I am talking handwashing instructions in the bathroom and a symtoms sign at the entrance gate to my job (I wonder if anyone has ever stopped and read that sign and went, you know what?  I do have fever - I better turn around right now and go home!).  And hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE -  work, the girls' school, stores...  And I am vigilant about flu vaccines.  Both girls had thier vaccines about 3 weeks ago and I got the flu mist yesterday (by the way, the flu mist ROCKS!!!  I am never getting a flu shot again...well, except for the H1N1 one.)

So, who would have thought I would get a call from Savannah's school Tuesday afternoon saying that Savannah did not feel well and had a slight temperature.  GREAT!!!!  I should have known it was coming - she had not been eating much and Sunday night and Monday night, she fell asleep on the couch way before bedtime.  Sure enough, I get her home and she has a mild temp, but I give her some Tylenol and leave her with her daddy and head off to ballet class with Tara.

Then, that nightm when I am sounds asleep in my bed, I hear her.  I go to her and she is BURNING UP!  Poor thing!  That starts us off on about 36 hours of doing all we can do to keep her fever down to a managable level.  I made several calls to the pediatrician's office, but, we opted not to take her in - treatment was going to be the same either way - rest, fluids and lots of ibuprophen and tylenol.

So, yesterday seemed to be the turning point - she was still having an occasional mild temp, but nothing major.  Thinking we have made it through this one...Yay!!!

So last night - I am thinking that Tara is acting kind of whiny and clingy. Dum, dum, dum, dum......

Sure, enough, the whininess and clinginess continue this morning - no sleeping in for mama...grrrrrr.....

And, lo and behold (what the heck, does "lo, and behold" mean anyway?), I am getting them rounded up for rest time and notice that both girls feel warm...

Oh, yes...

They BOTH have fever!!!

Shoot me now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails