Thursday, August 6, 2009

With odds like that, I oughta go play Vegas...

Today as I was leaving a meeting (a very successful one that I help organize and facilitate, thankyouverymuch...) I was in an elevator with a coworker. My hands were full with meeting stuff and as I am stepping off the elevator, I feel my carefully constructed pile of stuff start to slide. I hear a clatter on the floor and know that yes, I have once again dropped my phone or my blackberry (Yes, I have both - you have a problem with that? No, one of them is not an I-Phone and I have a problem with that...)... So as I am looking all around my feet, I hear my normally uber-mellow co-worker say, "Oh, S&*t!!!" I am all like What?!? He is trying not to laugh and motions to the floor. I am like all umm, yes, I know I dropped something - now where is it. He tells me, the elevator shaft...

Ummm...what?!?!?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, somehow, I managed to drop my blackberry, have it disengage from its "protective" case, turn upright on its side at just the precise angle to slide in between that abyss of a crack between the elevator and the lobby floor.

Cue the sick feeling in my stomach....

So, I could explain how it all went from there, but I am sure the only part you are interested in is the facgt that I had to explain to about 20 people what happened. After they all stopped laughing, I find out that the very nice man from maintenance was able to go down the basement and retrieve it.

Can you believe it still works perfectly. Not even a scratch. I am feeling pretty smug right about now...

But something tells me that someday, sometime this little scenerio is all gonna come back and haunt me in some coy little company skit or something...

Coulda been worse, I guess...

I coulda dropped it in the toilet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails