Monday, September 14, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do...

Things I hope my daughters get from me:

1.  My love of reading
2.  My "book smarts"
3.  My sense of humor

Things I hope they don't get from me...

1.  My ability to follow directions...or not, as the case may be...

On Thursday, Savannah's teachers sent home a permission slip for her (FIRST EVER!) field trip.  I signed the permission slip and sent it back in her school folder the next day. 

On Friday, the permission slip was in her bag again, with the part highlighted that said, "Please send $12." 

So, I wrote a check for $12 and sent it in her school folder today.

This afternoon (Monday), the permission slip was once again in her bag with the words,

Please do not send a check.  Cash only.

underlined...

Twice...

My husband says things like this are a result of all that smart stuff I have stuffed up in my head. 

Yeah, I like that...  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure her teacher has never done anything like that before!
    Mrs. Walker
    The Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails