Thursday, September 24, 2009

What the girls ate for lunch #5 w/e 9-18-09 and #6 w/e 9-25-09

Okay, this is a 2 week lunch post.  With the yard sale over the weekend and a work trip to NYC that I left for on Sunday (more about that in another post :-) ), both weeks were short on lunches and I am just now able to sit down and post them.  So, anyways, I have three lunches from last week and 2 lunchess from this week.  We got off of our Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday routine - I was busy with prepping for the yard sale last Thursday, so didn't do a Friday lunch and this week - with me being gone - Dan was on Mister Mom duty and so the girls ate from the cafeteria menu the first part of the week.  But I made lunches for today and tomorrow and the girls seemed excited to have thier lunch boxes with them when they left this morning.

Monday - grilled chicken brest strips, pretzel sticks, red bell pepper strips and sliced strawberries.




Tuesday - hot dog slices, cheese ravioli with pesto and fresh parmasan, red bell pepper strips and sliced strawberries.




Thursday - Pepperoni slices, pretzel chips, carrot spears, and grapes and sliced strawberries.




Thursday (the 24th) - wheat thins, sliced strawberries and peeled and sliced cucumbers for both; tomato and provoline sandwhich spirals for Tara and a sliced hot dog for Savannah.




Friday - sliced, roasted chicken, orange bell pepper slices, sliced strawberries and a chocolate chip granola bar.




If any of you are packing lunches for your kiddos - I would love to see and hear about them!  I am always looking for new ideas!!!

3 comments:

  1. HI! I've been lurking on your blog for a while to get ideas. Since you asked - you can check out my lunch blog at http://foodfortheboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alie for posting your link! I am going to check it out right now...always up for new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I read your blog for the inspiration! I am a working mom of five and I pack lunches like yours for my 3rd and 4th child (1 and 2 are teenagers and they pack their own and #5 is in preschool and eats at the sitters)... BUT I will post some of the ones I have made lately! Maybe I can give back some of the inspiration you've given me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails