Saturday, January 9, 2010

60:1 - Sweet Revenge - Nora Roberts


So I kicked off this year's reading challenge with an oldie.  Once I was a few pages into Sweet Revenge, I realized I have read it before.  Probably more than once.  But, like a favorite movie, I find myself often going back to books I have read before.  So, this one is about a princess who is also a jewel thief who falls in love with the man who is supposed to bring her to justice.

Even though this is technically the 52 in 52 Reading Challenge, since I finished 2009 with a total of 63 books read, I set my goal this year at 60.  You might think that I should have pushed myself a bit more and set it for 70 (ahem, Anita...), but I also have several other things I want to challenge myself to do this year (learn to knit, blog more, focus more on my hair clippie hobby) so I am going to go with 60.  Here is my promise - if I exceed this year's goal of 60, I will pick a goal of 70 for next year!

Hmmm, what else has been going on with us?  It is COLD - I mean COLD.  Did I happen to mention it is COLD.  And I am not even being a whiny Southerner (okay, maybe a little), but I think it is fair to say that single digit temps qualify as COLD anywhere...  I am ready for Spring, but for now, I will settle for the moderate Florida temps we will be enjoying in a couple of weeks at ...DISNEY!!! 

Yeah, after months and months and years of Savannnah begging to go to Disney, we are finally going.  Honestly, I am probably more excited than the girls.  I love Disney.  I worked there a semester when I was in college through the Disney College Program.  It was absolutely the best experience of my college days and only made me love Disney more than I already did.  So, yeah, we are going for the girls, yeah, that's it.  Expect more in the coming weeks of the Great Booher Disney Vacation of 2010.

Well, that is all you get for now.  Everyone is up and moving around this morning and for me, that means a trip to Wal-Mart is in order.  The weekend has begun.  Yeah, I live a wild life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails