Saturday, November 7, 2009

Annual De-lurking Day

My friend over at SnarkyMommy has declared today Annual De-lurking Day.  Since I have never been shy to borrow from genius, I think it works fine for this blog too!  So, if you have been reading, please post a comment and let me know! 

I was thinking the other day about all the stuff that goes on in my life that I don't put on my blog.  I don't talk about work except in the most general of terms and I don't talk about things with my Prince Charming.  And like everyone else, I have work issues and married life issues. 

No work because, well, because it is work and I am an attorney and I know better than to talk about it behind its back.

No married stuff (except the good stuff) because there is something in me that feels wrong putting stuff like that here.  I really admire the bloggers out there that can let it all hang out and talk about the good, the bad and the ugly on thier blog.  Everyone's marriage is different - so, everyone has differnt boundries of what to air in the public forum.  For us, though - we keep that type of stuff for a smaller select crowd.  In my case, it is my sister - so if you want to know all my dirty laundry, go find her...

Is that just me?  Am I approaching this wrong to not talk about the thing that Prince Charming did the other day that made him oh-so-no-charming?  What about y'all?  Any boundries for you?  I'd love to know...

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. I'm not an all out tell everyone kind of blogger. My blog is mostly food and house stuff anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog... I tend not to beat up on my hubby on my blog... if it's in print it's almost makes it too hard to not forgive and forget. None of us are perfect and that isn't fair to my husband who has been amazing to me.

    I do not blame you for not talking about work. I started my blog to document my life with changing how my family eats- I vowed to give up processed foods for New Year's, and I am trying bento type lunches for my children. From time to time I comment on my health issues because I cannot believe I am 35 and going through all of this as if I were 75. ;P It helps me to talk it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @arkonite baby - I love the food stuffs on your blog! @Braatmom - I am gonna check your out - I am always looking for new stuff. So glad you both take a little time out of your day to read what is going on in mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails