Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rant...I am so over Jacob/Taylor L...

If I hear one more person ooh and ahh over his chest, I am going to gag!  Seriously, people - you need to get out more.  He is a good lookin' kid, no doubt - but have you never seen Brad Pitt? http://static.open.salon.com/files/brad-pitt1256828090.jpg

And this one...  http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~jfs48/images/BradPitt2.jpg.

Eric Dane? http://highcaliber.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/ericdane-7141591.jpg

Men, people!!!  Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Plus, Taylor Lautner's biggest role prior to Twilight was as Shark Boy in Sharkboy and Lava Girl.  http://madisonharris.com/images/sharkboy_lavagirl.jpg  And, y'all - that picture is from about 2005.

Honestly, I can't tell if all the hype is over Jacob or Taylor.  If it is Jacob - Jacob's role is Bella's life is only ever secondary.  He knew that - much as he didn't like it.  She never led him on to think otherwise.  Plus, y'all - it is a book/movie - it is not like they were ever able to actually make different decisions.  And for those who call Bella a "player" or a "tramp" for leaning on Jacob while Edward was gone - get real?  Have you never relied on a friend to get you though a bad time - she was never anything but honest with him.

As for Taylor - he is a good lookin' kid.  But so are lots of people - I have seen better - and you know you have too - well, maybe not you, you little giggle-girl sitting behind me in the theatre, but anyone over the age of 21 has.  When all is said and done, while I can admire the physique - he is just not my type. 

I think I just read the Twilight series from an entirely different place than a lot of people.  To me, it was only ever Edward - Bella said as much herself.  I never considered for a second that she would ever be with anyone but Edward - so I guess to my mind, Jacob was only ever secondary.  Bella needed him - I don't think she would have survived Edward's absence without him, but she loves him as a friend - end of story. 

So, no - I will NEVER swing over to "Team Jacob" EVER!!!! 

I like my guys to sparkle.  So, go on...bite me, Edward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails