Monday, November 23, 2009

Brick Wall

Yep - been staring at the sceen a good 10 minutes. Just not that motivated tonight for some reason.  I have no clue.  I am letting you down, my loyal public.  I have failed you. 

So, for a few minutes at least, I will grace you with some general ramblings for the sole and specific purpose of having a blog post today.  Cop out.  For sure.  Ask me if I care...

My mom and step-dad are coming to town tomorrow for Grandparents Day at St. Marys.  Savannah's Senior K class has a program and Savannah is so excited.  After that, they are coming to campus for lunch with me.  I am hoping that there will be time for them to take a tour of the hospital while they are here.  I really want them to see it. 

Speaking of the hospital.  Today was the kickoff of Thanks & Giving on The Today Show.  You can see the spot here:




I dare you to watch it and not cry. (If you are reading this on FaceBook, you will have to hop on over to my actual blog to see the spot.)  Boy, it really makes you think - I cannot imagine watching one of my girls go through something like that.  Everytime I see a patient, it always goes through my mind that he or she is someone's son or daughter.  And they were just going about thier life when BAM - they walk into a nightmare. 

Hmmmm....I really did not intend this to turn into a public service announcement.  But, I am grateful with all my being that there is a place like St. Jude for families dealing with that nightmare.  This is the time of year to be grateful and to give thanks for all the blessings in your life.  I know I am. 

What do you know?  I had something to say after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails